Saturday, October 3, 2009

Havana Moon in the Valley of Elah


My friend Alon (on the right) is somewhat of a cigar aficionado.  Whenever we get together, we usually celebrate with steak and kabobs on the grill, nargila, and cigars.  I never had a Cuban cigar before my 2005 visit, as they aren't sold here in the USA.  When I lit one up for the first time in Alon's backyard, I then understood why they are so legendary.  Such flavor!  So smooth!

Here is the ring from my very first Cuban:


My wife and I LOVE Alon and Miki's home.  A small house on the moshav with beautiful flowers around the porch and a small yard.  It really is the perfect place to come home to after a long day of work.  Whenever I make a trip to Israel, I always make time for a visit with old friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment